Monday, August 24, 2009

Life at my house......

.....is always interesting and constantly changing, it seems. My original plan for last week and the upcoming few weeks had been to finish lesson plans and then begin homeschooling today. Then in 3 or 4 weeks, we would give Mackenzie a 5 or 6 day break and send her to Florida to stay with grandparents. And you know what they say about the best-laid plans!!

My migraine, of course, took an enormous chunk (5 days) out of my scheduled lesson-planning time. As I sat last night, contemplating how I would do lesson plans this week AND send Mackenzie to Florida in late September (which would effectively mean losing two weeks of school time right at the beginning of the school year -- far from ideal!!), it dawned on me that maybe I could just send her sooner, while I'm trying to get the lesson plans done, and lose less time that way. Hmmmm...... I wonder.......

So here's a portion of the ridiculous e-mail I sent to my parents last night:

And it's time for another episode of............."The Crazy Life and Times of Pam Llewellyn"!!! The continuing saga of the twists and turns my life takes, the unexpected obstacles placed in my path, and the never-ending quest to find some semblance of sanity in my day-to-day life.

Today's episode -- After surviving a four-day migraine, Pam finds herself at the crossroads. School was SUPPOSED to start tomorrow; however, after spending four days flat on her back, lesson plans are nowhere near complete, causing the loss of several days of school this week. Upon evaluating the upcoming schedule, trying to figure out where to squish in an entire lost week, she decides on a desperate act -- to throw herself on the mercy of her parents and beg for them to take her youngest daughter into their care at the very last moment, thus allowing her the possibility of getting some organization accomplished before the re-scheduling of the beginning of the school year, now tentatively set for next week!!


OK, is that loony enough?? I literally am just coming back out of this stupid headache -- I cannot believe this had happened yet again, but it appears that my changing hormones are causing me to have a tendency to develop monster migraines. My suppressed sense of humor is now coming out In wacky ways, and I just couldn't resist this!!



After talking with my folks on the phone this AM AND after doing some quick on-line searching for airfare, plans have been made to put Mackenzie on a plane to Florida this Thursday -- her first ever plane trip all by herself! Of course, we've signed up for the flight attendants to watch her as an "unaccompanied minor", but boy is she ever excited!! After the last few years, she's become a fairly experienced traveler, but this is huge and exciting to her!

Then on Saturday, my hubby, oldest daughter and I are taking a red-eye special (bus trip!!) to New York City for the day. My husband will be doing a lot of tourist-y, sightseeing type of stuff; my daughter and I have tickets to go see "Wicked"! Wow!! To say we're excited is an understatement!! We CANNOT WAIT to see this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment