Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"I'm leavin'....... on a jet plane!"

I'm heading out tomorrow AM for Atlanta, Georgia for the annual DONA conference (Doulas of North America) ! I am really looking forward to hearing all the great speakers, and what will be even more fun -- getting to meet all these wonderful women from around the world. I went to the conference three years ago in Denver, Colorado and had a BLAST!!

This year, I'm bringing my hubby and my youngest daughter along. They're going to be seeing the sights of Atlanta. They've already made plans for the Olympic Centennial Park, the World of Coca-Cola, and the Georgia Aquarium. Supposedly, the aquarium has a whale shark (which are ENORMOUS!!) and several beluga whales -- Mackenzie will be in HEAVEN!! It should be a lot of fun for them!

And next year -- I hear the conference is in Albuquerque, New Mexico -- I hope I can pull that one off, too. I've only been to New Mexico once in my life, and I was only around 13 years old at the time! Of course, other things may interfere with that plan (like a rumored family wedding next year..... hint, hint.....!), but we'll cross that bridge later!!

'Bye for now!

~~

2 comments:

  1. You wanna share that rumor with me? You've got me curious. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan and Solomon are discussing wedding plans, though nothing is "official" yet. There will probably be more to share by this fall. Stay tuned to this channel for further information!

    ReplyDelete