Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty



My family -- we are all such suckers for animals. We already have two dogs, a guinea pig [the other one died just last week :( ], and a tank full of fish. Along the course of the summer, we have temporarily had a snake and five frogs. Morgan went on a walk yesterday, and what does she bring home???? A baby kitten abandoned in the woods!! YIKES!!! NO MORE CRITTERS!!!

I will say that "Kitty" (or "Kyo", as the kids are calling him) is strikingly handsome -- in fact, I think he's probably one of the prettiest cats I've ever seen. However, I cannot handle another pet, I'm afraid of what the dogs might do with him, AND my cat allergies seem to be getting worse as I get older. And part of me wishes that was not the case -- this little guy truly is a cutie-pie, and I sorta, kinda, maybe wish that we could keep him!! But we won't!! Anybody want to give this fellow a nice home?? (BTW, my best guess is that he's between 6 - 8 weeks old, so still a little squirt!!)







2 comments:

  1. We'll take him! Oh wait, the logistics might be complicated . . .

    I know what you mean, though, about being suckers for animals. Because we are moving out onto our property soon, I keep saying "yes" when the opportunity arises to get another pet, even though currently we have no yard at all!

    So, we are now up to:

    2 dogs, 4 cats, 1 parrot, 1 rabbit, 3 hens, 1 horse and 1 bull. The horse and bull aren't here at the house, fortunately!

    Anyway, your kitty is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The horse and bull aren't here at the house, fortunately!" -- now THAT comment made me laugh!! Even in Honduras, I can't imagine a bull in the backyard living in town!!

    ReplyDelete