Sunday, November 21, 2010

Busy, busy month!

My business partners and I have been extremely busy keeping up with all the "Snowmageddon babies" that were conceived during our back-to-back-to-back blizzards of last February! On November 10th and 11th, we did four births in under 36 hours! That might be a new record for our partnership!!

So...... my personal belated congratulations to the couples I worked with:

Jia and Matt, who gave birth to a baby girl, Leila, on November 11 at their home; it was a lovely homebirth for their second baby, and a personal victory for Jia, as her first labor two years ago had been long and difficult. This one was sweet and rewarding!

Kristina and John, who birthed their baby, Katherine, at our birthing center on November 16. This was their first baby, and Kristina did an AMAZING job of staying relaxed and calm all the way through the birth process! Good job, mama!!

And just yesterday, Ksenia and Adam gave birth -- after an EXTREMELY long labor -- to their beautiful little girl, Anastasia at our birth center in Virginia. I'm so incredibly proud of her; she was in ACTIVE labor for nearly 44 hours (71 hours total if you include early labor!) -- and she never ONCE asked to be taken to the hospital. This was a difficult struggle of a birth, and she did it!! Congratulations to this lovely family!

On top of all of this have been my interviews with a new childbirth organization to potentially be hired as a regional representative/teacher trainer. I had a first interview on Tuesday and was called back on Friday for a second, follow-up interview. I don't know when I'll know for sure whether or not I got the position, but I'm hopeful! More information to follow on that soon, hopefully!!

I'm being very bad today -- skipping church!! -- but after being away from my house for about 40 hours and hardly sleeping in two nights, I needed a break today!!

~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment